USAGE AND LICENSING RIGHTS
Gregory is happy for you to share his images under Creative Commons License, Non – Commercial. Please insure you read, and do not breach the rights given to you under the given License.
Gregory allows use of images in two ways:
Creative Commons and License to Copyright
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE, NON – COMMERCIAL:
With Creative Commons you are free to:
- Copy and Share Gregory’s images Under these conditions:
- Attribution to Gregory Young and gregoryyoungphotography.com must be made along with the image share.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
ACCEPTED USE OF THE CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE:
- A Blog Post about a trip you are planning
- Online article discussing the increasing interest in travel photography
- A website for a school project about the use of light to create form and depth in art.
- An individual using an image for a desktop background for the computer monitor
EXAMPLE USE REQUIRING A LICENCE TO COPYRIGHT:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website about property
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home
LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of Gregory’s images is allowed only if expressly granted by Gregory Young/Gregory Young Photography. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee.
Fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries can be sent to Gregory via this link: Licensing Inquiries